Monday, January 5, 2009

Depression and Happiness

(This blog entry was originally a message sent to a friend through email but later I decided to share this to everyone..)

I am depressed.. I am too tired of everything..I am too tired of understanding people..I am too tired of caring for people, people who do not even bother about my feelings..I am too tired of everything..Or could it be the other way around? Maybe somehow, somewhere, someone's also saying or thinking the same thing I am thinking right now..

I am depressed..'Coz you know what, there are people who can be very rich, happy, contented, satisfied with their lives..And then what? there are also people who are extremely opposite to them..People who are isang kahig, isang tuka or the poor..Why is that? 'Coz there's so much inequality..Social inequality is everywhere..You can find inequality in the society, in the church and even at home..And the elites will never realize that unless they're in the poor's shoes..(this is not something against your class but this is just the way I see and understand things, the bitter reality).. maybe that's the way societies were made; there are people who suffer from poverty in the same way that there are people who also enjoy luxuries of life...That is, to make a counterbalance.. like like yin and yang, like depression and happiness, they are two sides of the coin ..And we're born in this world to suffer and be happy..

Have you ever felt this in your life? I mean, the depression I'm suffering..Depression, depression, depression..Like love, it's like a disease that slowly eats you up even before you knew it..

And it's eating me up..

2 comments:

Joel said...

well hindi ka nag iisa May and for sure life is like that...there will always inequalities, injustice in this world...it's the sad reality we have to face. Pero bilog ang mundo...who knows tayo sa itaas later on hahahaha

enelya said...

yeah, i've thought of that too..Pero kelan? hahay, impatient na ako.